I was introduced to watermelon salad a few years ago at one of my favorite restaurants in town- Palm Valley Fish Camp. (if you’re ever in the area, try them out- their food is superb)
It was a menu special that night and my husband, brother-in-law and I were blown away at how delicious it was. The sweet watermelon paired with the salty feta and crunchy pistachios was heavenly. I knew I would have to recreate it on my own.
Since then I have made and served this salad numerous times and it remains a summer favorite.
I hope you enjoy it too!
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Pistachios
- Small seedless watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes (roughly 8 cups of watermelon)
- 4 ounces of feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
- 8-10 leaves fresh basil
- 10-15 leaves fresh mint
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Drizzle olive oil (approximately 2 teaspoons)
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, feta, basil and mint
- In a separate bowl or small jar, whisk together lime zest and juice, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Add dressing to watermelon mixture, gently mix together
- Add pistachios right before serving