I’ve always loved seeing what kinds of make-up my girlfriends use and what products they swear by.
I’m that girl in Sephora pumping the sales girls for info on who in their opinion makes the best concealer, or asking someone in a bar next to me what shade of lipstick or nail polish they are wearing. (I have no shame)
I’m also a sucker for the new “must have” products and receive tons of samples in beauty subscription boxes, so I’m constantly trying new things out. Nevertheless, there are a few favorites that I always fall back on.
These are my staples:
- Beauty Blender ($20)- best little gadget ever. Helps your liquid foundation/blush/concealer go on perfectly, nice and even and streak-free. Just dampen and apply with a dabbing motion. The shape allows you to reach all areas.
- Urban Decay’s Naked Basics ($29)- awesome collection of 6 neutral matte shades. Sometimes you don’t want shimmer, right? I wrote more about it here
- Tata Harper’s Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Charming ($35)– this creamy lip/cheek tint blends really well and gives you a nice natural pink tint. I often wear it when wanting to wear just a little make-up and save some time, and I love the coordinated look when wearing it on both lips and cheeks. It’s also 100% natural. (if you’re in to natural make-up/beauty products, check out Tata Harper’s line)
- Nars Blush in Orgasm ($30)- one of the most popular on the market, orgasm is touted as a shade that looks good on almost everyone. I can’t speak for everyone else, but its one of my favs. The color is a pretty peach with a hint of shimmer
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Baby ($25)- the perfect neutral pink/brown/peach lip gloss, this is my go-to shade. Its not too sticky, has the right amount of shine and lasts a long time
- Christan Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara ($28)- its embarrassing how much I talk about my love for this mascara on this blog, so….that’s that. I love it- high drama, super dark kohl pigmentation, gives you long, thick lashes. Its the best mascara I’ve ever used
- Cargo Cosmetics Tinted Moisturizer ($22)- I paused when adding this to the list as this tinted moisturizer is relatively new to me, but in the 3 months or so I’ve been using it I’ve come to love it. Tinted moisturizers do not usually provide enough coverage for me, but this does- in fact, it is really more like a foundation. (I’m comfortable wearing it alone) It leaves your skin with a very, very fine shimmer and dewy look. It’s been perfect for beach days as it contains SPF 20 yet still covers up my redness. I don’t think Cargo makes a product that I don’t like
- Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation ($6)- as a gal with oily skin, I am all for a mattifying foundation. This one is truly like mousse- its light and fluffy and glides right on your skin (with the help of the beauty blender) It really does keep my skin oil-free for several hours and I like the matte finish. (hey- sometimes you want matte, sometimes you want dewy) 😉
- Benefit Boi-ing Concealer ($20)- this concealer was recommended to me by a make-up artist several years ago and it remains my favorite for covering up dark circles and blemishes
- Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner ($20)- I’ve always loved the smooth and even application of this eyeliner. It just glides right on and the intense color lasts all day and all night
What about you? What products do you swear by?
Shop the products: