Dry shampoo and texturizers are everywhere now- I remember when there were only a few on the market, but I swear they are popping up everywhere at every price point.
I almost always wash my hair every day (I just don’t feel clean without doing so) so I use these products more for the texture they add to my clean, limp hair than for the “skipping a wash” quality. (but I too will occasionally spritz it on to extend a blow out) Whatever your reason, these products can be a game-changer when styling your hair. I gathered a few of my favorites friends…
1) evo Haze Styling Powder– I have to admit that I stole this idea from Jennifer Love Hewitt. (hey- you have to agree the girl has amazing hair) She included it in a Fancy Box subscription that she curates, and while I don’t subscribe, I was interested in what she had to say about it. Like the bottle says, it’s the perfect thing to use when you don’t want baby-soft clean hair but rather some umphf and volume. This is my every day styling powder- a few sprinkles of this on your roots and you’re all set. It’s not too strong and sticky like many of them- it’s easily one of my favorites.
2) Rusk Texture Styling Spray– this Rusk is really more of a hairspray, but it gives just the right amount of texture to the hold without being sticky. I use this when wearing my hair straight because I feel that it really makes my layers look good and hold their shape.
3) pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo- this one is a drug store find (it’s $5!), yet acts like its expensive counterparts. This spray works best on those days when your hair is a little oily (think bangs) and you don’t have time to wash it. Spray generously, wait a minute, then brush it out. I was impressed with how well it absorbed the oil.
4) Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo- Klorane is a French brand, and beauty products are something the French do well. (no surprise) This spray is no exception- it smells great and doesn’t leave any residue on your roots. It gives just the right amount of texture and volume to hair.
5) bigsexyhair Powder Play– this is the mac daddy of hair texturizers. When I say a little goes a long way, I really mean it. This stuff is serious business- a teensy tiny sprinkle of this powder will give you some serious volume and texture. It’s great if you have thin, fine hair. (I have 2 friends with really thin hair who absolutely swear by it) I have thick hair and still love it- I use it when curling my hair into big waves or anytime I want some “separation.” It gives hair drama! But be careful- too much of this and you’ll overdo it. Remember, you can always add more…