Whenever we are visiting my parents, during dinner my dad always goes around the table and makes us each do the “daily wash up.” You have to share your highlight and low point of the day. My brothers and I tend to roll our eyes at this “game” but he insists, and the more people at the table, the better. (he apparently does this with dinner party guests and when on vacation with friends) *sigh*
I thought I’d borrow his tradition and use it on my blog…so this is for you dad! xo
- Discovering a tea room in town
- Celebrating my hubbys birthday with a delicious dinner date on Saturday night and then spending Sunday with my in-laws for his family birthday party (I seriously lucked out on that front- I adore them)
- Finding a hand painted Japanese ceramic bowl at a consignment store for $10! It’s beautiful and will be a great catch-all for jewelry
- Having a co-worker surprise me with a cinnamon dolce latte when I REALLY needed it. She could tell I was having a rough day and ran out to
cheerperk me up. I seriously almost teared up…it’s the little things in life.
- Having to say goodbye to a girlfriend who is moving away 🙁 I will miss her terribly
- The check engine light in my car came on. ALWAYS a good time
- Waking up at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning when ALL I wanted to do was sleep in. I just. don’t. get. it.
- Noticing that the master bathroom plumbing is beginning to leak through the floor and down to the living room ceiling. (ugh)
I hope everyone had a great weekend!