There were a handful of items I turned to over and over this summer, most of them because they made my life easier in one way or another. Consider these my summer essentials if you will…
- Metallic slides– Easy to slip on, they go with pretty much everything and they are comfy enough to wear to the beach, to lunch, and then out for a drink.
- Wet Brush– I have written before about my love for this brush and that love continues 🙂 It has this magical ability to easily glide through wet, knotty, beachy hair. I don’t really understand how or why it works so well, it just does. (without any painful pulling or tugging) I have one in my bathroom for every day use and I now keep a mini version (cutely called the Squirt) in my beach bag.
- Oil Blotting Papers– these speak for themselves. If you have oily skin like I do, a quick dab of these helps keep unwanted oil at bay. I keep them in my purse so I can quickly touch up my skin when needed.
- Wireless Speaker– we have used this one from Jawbone so much this summer….at the beach, the pool, on our vacation to St. John. It is lightweight and portable and produces good quality sound.
- RTIC Tumbler– This thing is awesome. Made of stainless steel and double wall vacuum insulated, it keeps drinks cold or hot for HOURS. I can literally spend the entire day at the beach and when we head home my ice cubes are still intact. I’ve even left it in the car for hours in the middle of a Florida summer and my drink remained cold.
- Straw Bag– straw bags and pom poms are both hot right now. I love this one from Etsy because it is just the right size and so cute with the little colored pom pom/tassels. You can toss everything in it for a day on the beach, a road trip, or a day out running errands.
- Sun Bum Sunscreen– The sun, chlorine and salt water can really dry out my skin, and this stuff is sooo moisturizing. It’s paraben-free too which can be hard to find in sunscreen these days.
- Honest Company Sunscreen– Another company I use and love for their zero-tolerance policy on harsh chemicals. Living in Florida means using a LOT of sunscreen. Honest Company’s formula, in my opinion, has gotten better over the last couple of years and this spray is my favorite yet. Its mineral-based, which isn’t often available in spray form, and this one sprays evenly without clogging.