If you’re looking for a refreshing and light new cocktail, let me introduce you to the Cucumber Collins.
Cucumber, mint and lemon may very well be one of my all-time favorite flavor combinations. When paired with gin, simple syrup and club soda you end up with a little dance party for your taste buds. Crisp, fresh, light…it is simply perfection.
If you are on the fence about gin, know that you really don’t taste it in this drink- the citrus really masks the taste of alcohol. (you’ve been warned!) You could also just as easily use vodka in place of the gin.
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz simple syrup (recipe here if you want to make at home)
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice (time the time to actually squeeze a real lemon- don’t cheap here)
- 6 slices hothouse cucumber
- Splash of club soda
- 3-5 leaves of fresh mint
- In the bottom of a tall glass, muddle the cucumber, lemon juice, simple syrup and 1/2 of the mint leaves
- Add gin and stir well (or shake- up to you)
- Add ice, top with a splash of club soda and garnish with remaining mint leaves
*You can adjust the lemon juice/simple syrup ratios to your liking.
P.S. Also great by the batch for parties!