Pinterest Recipe of the Week series is a way to (you guessed it) test-drive all of the recipes I pin on Pinterest. I was finding that I was great at pinning tons of great looking things, but rarely got around to making them. It struck me one night over a glass of wine, as so many things do, that I needed to get out of my cooking rut and find some new inspiration. Alas, Pinterest Recipe of the Week was born. Now I try to dedicate one meal per week to a recipe that I’ve pinned. Sometimes it’s a success, sometimes not so much…
This week’s pick was a cucumber avocado caprese salad, courtesy of PopSugar.com (who also curate my favorite subscription box!) Since this salad is made up of several of my favorite ingredients, I knew without a doubt that it would be excellent. And it was!
Fresh, healthy and only 250 calories per serving, it can be made ahead of time and would also store well if you wanted to eat it for a few days for lunch. We ate it with grilled chicken and it was a really nice, spring/summer meal.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (about 30)
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (I like to use the little balls)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, dry, and dice the cucumbers. Wash, dry, and halve the tomatoes. Dice the avocado.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado in a bowl. Add sliced basil and mozzarella. Pour on the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Serves 4