Peach & Tomato Salad with Burrata.
Holy smokes this summer salad is insanely good…Not only is it delicious, but it is ridiculously easy to make. Fresh peaches and tomatoes are marinated in a honey, balsamic dressing and paired with creamy burrata cheese, arugula, and basil oil.
The combination of flavors work so well together and create a simple, satisfying summer meal.
If you aren’t familiar with burrata, you need to be. It’s a ball of mozzarella filled with just a touch of cream…delicate, smooth and incredibly tasty. Both peaches and tomatoes are in peak season, so this is the perfect time of year to toss this easy dish together. You won’t be sorry, I promise…
Peach & Tomato Salad with Burrata
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 peaches cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/2 oz fresh basil, minced
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 slices crusty French or ciabatta bread
- 8 oz burrata cheese (2 4oz balls)
- 3 oz arugula
- 1/2 tsp smoked Maldon sea salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, juice of 1 lemon, 1 tb of olive oil and red pepper. Add tomatoes and peaches and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir the basil and 2 tbsp olive oil together. Set aside.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over bread and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and once hot, add bread cut side down and toast until lightly charred. (about 3 minutes per side)
- Remove burrata from its container and discard excess liquid.
- Divide arugula evenly between 2 plates. Top each plate with tomatoes, peaches, 1 ball burrata and the remaining balsamic marinade. Drizzle basil oil over burrata and sprinkle with the smoked Maldon sea salt. Serve with bread.
Recipe from Plated