Tis the season for holiday festivities! And holiday hostess gifts…
I love this time of year. The lights, music, decorations, the cheesy Hallmark movies, the all around holiday spirit. Most of all, I love the parties. Although the time between Halloween and New Year’s is often hectic and busy (and expensive!), few things make me as happy as celebrating and spending time with friends and family.
- A plant. A bouquet of fresh flowers is always a nice touch, but someone recently gifted me with a planter full of mini succulents and I loved it. It was such a creative gift and (hopefully) lasts much longer.
- Candles. I haven’t met a women yet who doesn’t love a good candle. This votive from NEST smells incredible and comes in a cute velvet box that is begging to be gifted.
- Sweet Treat. Lands End and Williams-Sonoma both have all kinds of goodies in tins that make great gifts, but so do homemade cookies/jams/pies/cakes/bread. This is the perfect time of year to try those holiday-themed desserts I know you’ve been pinning…
- Hand Lotion. Most women can appreciate a luxurious hand creme or body lotion. Ideas here, here and here.
- Coffee Mugs/Travel Mugs. Another favorite in my house 🙂 My husband thinks I have a weird obsession with mugs and maybe I do. But a fun mug to enjoy my coffee in just makes me happy, what can I say? Considering I’m lugging them to and from work all the time, this travel version would be a lovely gift.
- Wine Stopper. I’ve received a couple of these over years and they make for a nice addition to our bar cart. Ideas here and here.
- Lip Balm. I used to love getting Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke LipSmackers in my stocking as a kid, but now I’ve graduated to Sugar and Burt’s Bees. Another thing you’re sure to find in any women’s purse, car, or desk.
- Bottle of wine/bubbles/spirits or even better, this wine-bottle sized Corkcicle Canteen. LOVE. (because hey- you do find yourself wishing you had a way to keep that bottle pinot grigio ice cold while on the go. No? Just me? Doubtful)
- Cocktail Napkins. Fun on their own or paired with a bottle of wine, there are so many funny and cute options out there. Ideas here and here.