Holiday Gift Guide – For the Guys in Your Life
You guys, I had more fun building this guide than any of the others thanks to the peanut gallery I enlisted.
Since I ALWAYS struggle with what to get for the men in my life (husband, father, brother, in-laws), I decided to go about this one a little differently. I picked up my phone and began to text 25+ men, of varying ages and social scenes, to see if they’d be willing to help me with my research.
I was worried they a) wouldn’t care enough to bother to participate or b) give me an “idk, whatever works” kind of answer, but I was pleasantly surprised! For the next week, their responses rolled in and I realized they had plenty to say on the subject. (some of which did not make it into the post, lol)
If you are still needing to do some last minute shopping, here is what they had to say:
- Not surprisingly, many of them like gadgets- Apple’s AirPods were a common request, as were wireless Bluetooth speakers, soundbars, record players, and video games
- Sports gear, tickets to sporting events and cable sports packages also topped the list
- I got several guys saying that they would love a bottle of really nice booze, membership to a craft beer club, whiskey stones, or monogrammed decanters / bourbon glasses
- Speaking of monogramming, they also liked to idea of cuff-links, wallet-clips, dress shirts, and even socks with their initials on them
- From a BBQ / outdoors perspective, they want new grills and / or smokers, liked this easily-portable Yeti cooler, and would love tickets to a concert
- What I was interested to discover, was how many grooming suggestions I got; fancy shaving brushes, nice cologne, a wet bag, etc. (this made me feel better since I tend to fall to gifts in that category when I don’t know what else to buy)
- A couple of guys said they’d been secretly hoping they’d get a nice watch this year, and…drumroll…they even like clothes! Lol- who knew? Flannel-lined jeans, snow-board jackets, sneakers…turns out they don’t always hate getting clothes after all 🙂
Hope this was helpful- if you have any other suggestions, sound off in the comments.
More gift guides:
Contains affiliate links