It may not exactly feel like it, but according to the calendar, today marks the first day of fall. Wasn’t it just the 4th of July??
I’ve decided that I have 10 things on my “fall to do list” this year. Maybe making them public will ensure I get them done?
- Go to a pumpkin patch. Epitome of cliche. I know I’m not a child, nor do I have one, but I haven’t been to one in so long and I just think it would be fun and festive. Every year I see people’s pictures and I say I’m going to do it, but it never happens. Luckily I have enough friends with kids who will let me tag along. 😉 The kid in me wants to pick out a pumpkin! Which leads me to number 2…
- Carve a pumpkin. I don’t think I’ve made a jack-o-lantern in a decade. Well, that’s gonna change. I’m going to pick out one for me and one for the hubby and we’ll see who is the most creative. (between you and me, I really just want to beat my neighbor on the Halloween porch decor this year. She brings out this weird competitive side of me)
- Learn to make 3 new soups. I love my soups, could eat them everyday, but I find myself making the same ones over and over again. It’s time to branch out and explore the world of one-pot wonders. Any suggestions?
- Increase my exercising. The heat of the summer will begin to fade here soon and I can no longer use it as an excuse to cut my work-out time short. (I do have a treadmill at home but it’s so incredibly boring to walk on) The cooler temps really do make an extra mile that much easier…
- Make at least one super “fall” thing from Pinterest. I swear Pinterest just explodes this time of year- the baking, the crafting, the clothes, it’s ridiculous. I could sit here and pretend that I was going to make homemade pumpkin spiced bath bombs, but we both know that will never happen. I’m thinking more along the lines of baked apples, pull-apart pumpkin cinnamon bread, pumpkin waffles with apple-cider syrup, or even apple-cider mimosas. Who says I can’t be a domestic goddess?? (good thing I’ll be upping my calorie-burning)
- Watch a classic horror film I’ve never seen. Tis the season!
- Spend less money. With the holidays around the corner, I’m going to do my best to start carving out useless spending. (i.e. pack my lunch every day, avoid Starbucks, delete the sale e-mails from my inbox) Sometimes we get a little lax in this area, so a little discipline isn’t going hurt. (this will be my husband’s favorite wish list item) 😉
- Host a party with a Bloody Mary bar. This would be fun for a football game. I’ve been wanting to infuse vodka with pickles ever since reading this. I’ve got so many ideas for toppings….who wants to come??
- Make Mulled Wine The aroma is intoxicating…figuratively and literally. I have a friend who does this each year and I just love it.
- Weekend getaway to the mountains I need a break from the flat Florida terrain. Renting a place in Georgia or North Carolina for a long weekend would be blissful. I’m aching to see changing leaves.
What about you? What’s on your fall to do list?