What: BeautyFix by Dermstore
BeautyFix is a monthly beauty box subscription from Dermstore. (it used to be called Blush Mystery Beauty Box) This was one of my first subscription boxes and it remains one of my favorites- almost every item is high-end and often full-sized. (and those that aren’t full-sized are usually deluxe sized) I think that you get the most bang for your buck with this subscription- it often has 7-10 items.
Cost: $24.95/per month
Each month you get a card detailing the products…
- Paula’s Choice Sun 365 Self-Tanning Concentrate ($18) full size
- Ashford & Co. Shave Cream ($25) full size
- Cargo Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20- Nude ($34) full size
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid ($2) sample size
- Skinseuticals Physical Matte UV Defense SPF 50 ($3) sample size
- Oscar Blandi Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo ($25) full size
- Hydropeptide Solar Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($4) sample size
- IS Clinical Cleansing Complex ($13) deluxe size
- Arcona Cranberry Cleanser/Toner ($9) deluxe size
- Wei Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask ($5) 1 sample (this is actually how the product comes, in little pots- keeps it from drying out in a big tube)
- Roloxin Life Revitalizing Facial Treatment ($22) 2 samples
Overall Opinion: WOW- this month’s box was packed with value! It was worth $160.00. (considering I paid $24.95 that is awesome!!) Not only is the value high, but it was full of products I’ll use and am excited about. This may be their best box yet…
A look at the goods…
This Oscar Blandi dry shampoo is really nice- I used it yesterday/today and am loving the texture I get. (it alone is worth the entire price I paid for the box) Next up we have Ashford & Co. shaving cream (unisex) and 2 more products I’m really excited about- a tanning concentrate by Paula’s Choice that you simply mix with your regular body lotion to turn it into tanning lotion (and it doesn’t smell bad at all like many of them do) and a facial cleanser by IS Clinical. It’s not often that we get facial cleansers in subscription boxes, so that was nice to see- and it’s a good sized sample. They included 3 sunscreen samples that will be good for 3-4 uses, a cleanser/tonic from Acona, and a single sample facial mask from Wei Golden Root. It has awesome reviews on Birchbox so I’m excited to try it.This Roloxin is another of my favorites in this box- it is supposed to be like Botox, but only lasts for 24 hours. I want to try it out but am waiting for the right occasion. A full size is $110.00 for 10 packets, and they sent 2- so that is a costly price per packet. Anxious to see if they work!!
This Cargo tinted moisturizer/sunscreen is AWESOME. I’ve used it all week and am soooo happy they sent a full size. (I’d have bought a full size if they hadn’t) Most of the time I can’t use tinted moisturizers because they don’t provide enough coverage for me, but this one definitely does. It really evens out skin tone and leaves you with a very mild “dewy” look to skin that I love. I have actually worn it to work all week by itself with no additional foundation/powder and it’s held up really well.