I like to think of myself as a pretty organized and efficient person. Since I work long, late hours during the week, I like to make the most of my weekend and not spend too much time on Saturday doing chores around the house and tidying up. Anytime I can find a shortcut or something that makes that part of my life easier, I’m all for it.
There are a few things that I consider game changers that every busy woman needs to have at home:
1) Label Maker- this thing has changed my life. Ok maybe that’s a little dramatic, but I’m telling you- the possibilities are endless. It’s just so useful for so many things. I label my bathroom storage bins, linen closet, closet shelves, cords/wires, shoe boxes, file folders, even the shelves in my pantry/kitchen cupboards. It ensures that everything gets put in the right place and fits perfectly on the shelves. (I have a girlfriend who thinks it’s particularly funny to come over and rearrange them all- makes me crazy!) Every home should have one! You can find them on Amazon for under $30.00
2) Mr. Clean Magic Eraser- again, nothing this guy can’t do. I fell in love with these sponges years ago and haven’t looked back since. They are miraculous at removing soap scum, cleaning grout, removing rust, cleaning window sills, polishing silver, removing stubborn scuff marks on your floor/baseboards, getting rid of marks/scratches on the walls…and so much more. They can be used on pretty much any surface and require little elbow grease. (my favorite part) You just get it damp and wipe- I promise they will remove things that all the others cleaners won’t. They’re incredible- I’m pretty sure they are actually made with magic. (and less than a dollar a sponge!)
3) Laundry Sorter- this one pretty much speaks for itself. In our house, we have one bag dedicated to whites, one to darks, one for delicates, and one for linens/towels. It keep things nice and tidy and all you have to do is empty the bag into the machine- no sorting necessary. It even has wheels! You can find them on Amazon for approximately $40.
4) Individual Foil Sheets- why spend time after dinner scrubbing a baking pan or trying to fit it into the dishwasher? Just line your pan/dish with one of these individual sheets when cooking and simply throw away when you’re done. Clean up has never been easier. They are also great for wrapping food items individually and freezing for on-the-go meals.
5) Iron On Adhesive/Seam Tape- no seriously- who has time to sew?? As much as I like my seamstress, and I do, she is fantastic, dropping things off to her requires me to get in the car and add an errand to my list. No thanks! I’m not sure how it always happens, but the hem on my work pants is always coming apart and catching on the back of my heel. This tape fixes that problem in less than 2 minutes. You simply tear a piece off, stick it in the hem and iron over it for about a minute. It instantly seals your hem, no threading of a needle required. Also, I probably paid $3 for this and I’ve had the roll for years…find it here.
What items around your house make your life easier? I’d love to hear!